We're planting more than a hundred trees for contributors who build data dashboards for Treejer using Dune Analytics platform.
Public blockhains like Ethereum and Polygon provide public access to data but most of them are not human readable or at least easy to understand. Blockchain explorers like Etherscan and PolygonScan have made it easier to track every transactions on blockchain. However, the data we see on blockchain explorers are not app specific and are mainly used to understand one single transaction.
Projects often use additional tools to visualize and communicate data. One of the most popular tools is Dune Analytics platform.
Dune Analytics is a powerful tool for blockchain research. Dune gives you all the tools to query, extract, and visualize vast amounts of data from the blockchain. Dune is unlocking the power of public blockchain data by making it accessible to everyone.
Here's the official tutorials on how to use Dune:
A public and beautiful dashboard showing various data related to Treejer Protocol. We've created a list of metric/dashboard ideas to get you started:
- Total tree funders (count)
- Total tree planters (count)
- Total trees funded (count)
- Total tree planted (count)
- Total sales (Genesis + Regular) - denominated in USD
- Genesis tree sales (WETH)
- Regular tree sales (DAI)
- Protocol revenue to date (Treejer's allocation from tree funding) - filtered for Genesis/Regular
- New funders (monthly/weekly/daily chart)
- New planters (monthly/weekly/daily chart)
- New trees funded (monthly/weekly/daily chart)
- New tree planted (monthly/weekly/daily chart)
NFT market stats
- Genesis Tree floor price (WETH)
- Regular Tree floor price (WETH)
- Highest secondary market sales
- Sales volume (monthly/weekly/daily chart)
- Royalty fee
NFT rarity stats
- Tree type rarity ranking (with rarity percentage similar to OpenSea trait showcase)
- NFT rarity ranking (get ideas from rarity sniper method or discuss with team)
- Forest locations (number of countries)
- Planter distribution by type (organizations vs. community)
- Top tree funders
- Top referrers
- Planters total income to date
- Planters total income claimed
- Planters total income claimable
- Rural development fund
- Tree rescue fund
- Tree research fund
- Rural ambassador's income
These are just some ideas, please be creative and design whatever metric you want to work on. We'll help you in the process.
How to understand Treejer
You can head to our documentation page. Everything from product description to smart contract addresses and functions are explained there. Please also check out this simple dashboard built by our CTO. You are welcome to ask any questions in our Discord server, preferably in "builders" channel.
- The best dashboard receives 50 regular trees from Treejer worth ~$500 DAI
- All other dashboards receive 50 regular trees from Treejer collectively. The number of trees distributed to these contributors will be determined based on the work and number of participants.
- 1-3 Genesis Trees will be distributed to outstanding dashboards
Note: When someone receives a tree from us, it means we've funded local communities to plant a tree under their name. In other words, they also contribute to the planet and locals' lives by contributing to Treejer.
Timeline and deadline
This is an ongoing opportunity for contributing to Treejer. You can always improve your dashboards or add new ones. However, the tree rewards are planned to be sent for dashboards submitted before April 10, 2022.
Definition of done
The dashboard must be shared publicly on Dune platform. Please submit your dashboard by sharing its URL in a reply to this post.
Using your work
We're going to build a universal data dashboard for Treejer which is composed of various dashboard ideas developed by our community members. So by submitting your work, you agree that Treejer will use the dashboard. Please remember original dashboards will always be available in your own profiles, unless you delete them yourself.
Please note that we also pay attention to the beauty and overall presentation of data dashboards. It's highly recommended to review good-looking dashboards on Dune analytics. Here are some of the dashboards I personally like: